Here are some of our favorite running routes.
Please check the links in advance for trail closures and more information.
1. REDWOOD REGIONAL PARK/SKYLINE GATE
There are a multitude of running options from this trailhead including the Eastridge Trail, Westridge Trail, and the Stream Trail.
2. ANTHONY CHABOT REGIONAL PARK
Here you can access the Goldenrod Trail and take it all the way to Lake Chabot
3. STRAWBERRY CANYON FIRE TRAIL
This trail will take you up to Grizzly Peak Drive and includes an extremely steep section called “the connector.” (It’s OK to walk that part)
4. NIMTZ TRAIL/INSPIRATION POINT
4 mile paved bike/run path with a soft dirt shoulder.
5. TILDEN PARK/WILDCAT CREEK TRAIL
Rolling hills through scenic Tilden Park.
6. BRIONES RESEVOIR/BEAR CREEK TRAIL
Single track trail with rolling hills. EBMUD PERMIT REQUIRED!!
7. BERKELEY MARINA/SAN FRANCISCO BAY TRAIL
Great views of the bay on this flat running route. Hop on the SF Bay trail for miles of scenic running.
More info – Berkeley Marina
More info – San Francisco Bay Trail
8. CONTRA COSTA CANAL TRAIL – IRONHORSE TRAIL
These 2 paved trails intersect just behind Walden Park in Walnut Creek and cover miles and miles of Contra Costa County.
9. LAFAYETTE/MORAGA TRAIL
This paved trail will take you all the way to Moraga’s St. Mary’s College and beyond.
10. Lake Merritt: Approximately 3.1 miles around the lake in downtown Oakland. Flat course.